JOIN OUR TEAM
Retail Associate at Indy Reads Books
Indy Reads Books is seeking a part-time retail associate. The position is hourly, with approximately 5-10 hours/week. The ideal candidate has previous retail experience and is passionate about books and promoting literacy. An interest in the nonprofit sector is beneficial, but not required.
Regular Retail Responsibilities
- Greet all customers, assess their needs, and provide assistance finding books.
- Follow cash handling procedures and operate the Point Of Sale system.
- Process payments by totaling purchases and discounts; process cash, credit cards, gift certificates, and coupons.
- Answer telephone and direct calls to appropriate staff person.
- Communicate specific product needs to managers to ensure the store is stocked
- Passion for books and reading.
- Interest in maintaining knowledge of book industry trends.
- Proficient in G Suite, MS Office, and social media platforms.
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Previous customer service and/or retail experience.
- Ability to stand on feet for entire shift.
- Ability to carry boxes of books throughout store and down stairs.
- High school diploma.
- Applicants must be available to work Saturday evenings (4-9:30pm). Occasional Saturday (1-9:30pm) and Sunday afternoons (12-6:30pm) may be scheduled.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the bookstore manager at email@example.com.
We will consider applications upon submission.